SAP SD is probably one of the significant modules of SAP ERP. It is utilised to store the consumer and product data of an organization. SAP SD supports to handle the billing, selling shipping, and transportation of goods and services of a business.
The SAP Logistics module maintains customer relation, beginning from putting a quotation to sales order and billing of the goods or service. The module is tightly integrated with different modules like SAP Material Management and PP.
The tutorial comprises of the basics of SAP SD and how to deal with its different modules and sub-modules.
The tutorial will be beneficial for experts who intend to learn the basics of SAP SD and execute it in practice. It is necessarily going to help experts who are mainly accountable for attaining sales, billing, and transportation of commodities.
It is an introductory tutorial, and you can clearly understand the theories demonstrated here with a primary understanding of how the industry deals with their clients and commodities. However, it will benefit if you have some previous knowledge of inventory and how to deal with billing and shipping.
Essential Elements in SAP SD
The fundamental segments in SAP Sales and Distribution module are −
- Benefits of SAP SD Configuration in Enterprises:
- Contract Handling and Management
- Credit Management
- Customer and Vendor Master Data
- Document of pre-sale and post-sale process
- Efficient administration of sales documents in a consolidated system
- Fixed process for sales and distribution
- Foreign Trade
- Information System
- Records sales data along with team performance
- Sales Activities
- Sales Support
- Shipping of Material
- The categorization of different sales and process
- Track of sales activities
- Transportation of products
SAP SD Modules
Sales and Distribution (SD), is a famous module of SAP R/3 services. The module includes many components called sub-modules. These include:
- SAP-SD-MD (Master Data): SAP SD user has master data that trace all transactions in the data. The SD master data covers both customer and material data, the account of price conditions, and credit administration. The module encompasses methods of cash and order.
- SAP-SD-BF (Basic Functions): SAP SD arrangement results in a fruitful process over every fundamental function included in sales and distribution domain. Here, precedents of the essential services can be pricing, output, etc. The amount of pricing used for a single transaction and the output result from the same and more.
- SAP-SD-SLS (Sales): As the name implies, SAP SD sales manage the smallest aspects of each sale that is taking place. From recording the commodity to client information, pricing, feedback and the sales process, this module tracks everything.
- SAP-SD-SHP (Shipping): Sales closely links with shipping and delivery. A Product requires be correctly dispatching and delivering to the buyer. There are various modes of transportation and this module records every commodity utilised for every delivery. The whole process from shipment to delivery or return is reported through this module.
- SAP-SD-TBA (Transportation): The segment operates hand in hand with the shipping. The method of shipment for every commodity varies, and this module keeps a record of all the transportation data.
- SAP-SD-FTT (Foreign Trade): The segment benefits a staff to handle the data associated with foreign trade, including both imported and exported products. The module goes best for businesses involved with trade overseas.
- SAP-SD-BIL (Billing): Billing is a significant component of any transaction. Customers control the option of either paying through online mechanisms or else through cash on delivery. The module keeps a track of all the billing data properly.
- SAP-SD-CAS (Sales Support): From selling a commodity to maintaining it for a process, clients continuously communicate with the sales team. The data interchanged among the sales team and consumers while assisting with the product is documented and recorded by this module.